April 13, 2008

he tells me i'm beautiful


And isn't that all we really want sometimes? Just for someone you love to come up behind you, put their arms around you and whisper in your ear that you are beautiful? Especially at that moment when you feel the least beautiful you have ever felt...Eric knows just how to make me smile...melt...he just knows me. And I am thankful everyday for this man who loves me. God couldn't have found a better match to complete my life... We often think the same, and shake our heads and smile when the other just said exactly what we were, at that moment, thinking. Somehow I know when it's going to be him on the other end of the ringing phone (although my friends might think that's easy because he calls so often!)...Eric keeps me laughing with stories from work, tug-o-wars with our bed sheets, his general silliness. He makes me proud with his service and commitment to our world- from the Coast Guard to Scouts and everything in between, and with his dedication to our family and our family time together. He reminds me how much I love him when he indulges me...washing the dishes, doing the laundry, watches (or goes!) to bull riding events with me, drives over to school to bring me lunch...I do believe I am the luckiest woman in the world!

1 comment:

HWHL said...

i LOVE this! What a wonderful love story you two have! :-)