December 15, 2009

a skip in my step


Moments before I headed out the door this morning, I announced to Eric It's my birthday! He looked at me, with a lot of thinking in his face... until I excitedly added ...at work! He said he just thought I had gone crazy...
So, no.
Today is not my birthday... but it is coming... soon!
And the gals at work know... you gotta spread out the celebrating.
So off I went to work... with a skip in my step. Because birthdays are good. Yes... they are. Birthdays celebrate the uniqueness of an ordinary day... and as Elizabeth would say, they mark another trip around the sun (don't you just love that?!) And then there is the cake!
Yes.
Birthdays are good.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Birthdays really do celebrate the uniqueness of an ordinary day, don't they? I love that! I didn't know our special days were so close together! Happy birthday, even if it was just a warm-up for the real thing! :)

Ruby Red Slippers said...

I will say Happy Birthday early, so I am on time! LOL

Anonymous said...

well, happy soon-to-be birthday! ha! i do have to admit i love birthdays! they are kinda a big deal to me! and i too like to spread out the celebration! have fun!

Dayle ~ A Collection of Days said...

Birthdays are indeed special. Not only do they celebrate the uniqueness of an ordinary day, as you put it, they celebrate the uniqueness of the one blowing out the candles. Now, that's pretty special.

Susan of Pink Portuguese Roses said...

Blessings to you Dawn!

Thanks for your comment on my blog. I am doing my best with her.

BTW, My daughter's birthday is today (12/15). She had a pretty great day..I hope yours is a wonderful as hers!!!!

dawn said...

happy almost birthday, my bloggie friend!

Pam said...

Happy birthday 'at work' then! It's always a good day when we get to eat cake! : )

Rosemarie said...

Happy work birthday!!! Yum, I need me some cake now ...

Tracy said...

Well, Happy Birthday! Mine was Sunday and I love birthdays! Hope the girls spoiled you rotten! Have a great evening!

Jamie said...

Yes, they are. Birthdays are good. Happy early birthday to you!

Michelle DeRusha said...

Happy birthday at work day! Hey, we are heading down to your territory soon - -taking the kids to Disney! I am ready for some warm weather!

jenn said...

hope you had a nice celebration at work!

Kat said...

Happy Day!!!

Busy Bee Suz said...

How did I miss this? I am glad that your birthday is celebrated multiple days...you are deserving of a good celebration!!!