December 14, 2009

decorations start with d


Last night I turned all the Christmas lights on... and all of the other lights off. And I just sat... while the room glowed with twinkling colors. It gave me that first-one-awake-on-Christmas morning feeling... when you peer around the corner and see that Santa has come. I love to have the house decorated for Christmas... and there have been years that I thought about not taking them down. Ahem. That is where gotta-be-down-on-Super-Bowl-Sunday deadline came in. Today... I am delighting in the decorations and I wanted to share...
The tree... laden with every memory ever made. From 1969 to 2009...
The little book nook...
Radio City newly inspired by Elf... and Jennifer Juniper.
And my son's favorite nativity. We love how it goes from this....
...to this.

Merry Christmas!

It is A to Z Monday at Jen's Unglazed... and I'm also linking up here...
Christmas Tour of Homes with The Nester

13 comments:

Rachelle@atticgals.blogspot.com said...

I absolutely LOVE that nativity puzzle! I want one!

Pam said...

I spy with my little eye... an ornament just like mine! We have the Precious Moments bride and groom too. But I'm not putting them on the tree right now b/c of the cat. I don't want her to break it if she did something k-razy to the tree. :) I guess we're earlier than most to take down our tree..sometimes we do it on Cmas Day. (is there a collective gasp across the blogosphere?! LOL)

Busy Bee Suz said...

I also love Cam's Nativity!!! Your home looks amazing...so full of Christmas love!!!
Superbowl deadline? I can only guess who came up with that one. :)

Anonymous said...

hey friend! thanks for sharing your sweet Christmas decor! i was looking around and i love those little villages! it makes you want to live there!

Jen said...

Happy Monday Dawn!
Your decorations are beautiful - each one has a special place and a special meaning! love that nativity!

Jen said...

Happy Monday Dawn!
Your decorations are beautiful - each one has a special place and a special meaning! love that nativity!

Kelli said...

It is soooooo special to "remember when!" I have a nativity similar to yours that my mother made for our family! I can't believe that 2009 is almost over!! Let's be intentional about enjoying the season!!

Dena Pickle said...

beautiful home. perfect for celebrating christmas
dena

A Stable Beginning said...

Everything is just beautiful, you have a lovely home. Love your tree and Radio City house. Thanks for sharing.
Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

How warm & cozy everything looks. I love all the memories that go along with the ornaments. Wishing you and your family a blessed Christmas.

Stephanie said...

Found you through Busy Bee Suz! you have some beautiful decorations and I have loved having a peek through your blog:)

Anonymous said...

Love that puzzle. What a great idea!
Found you at the Nester's Home Tour. If you want to see my tour you can see it here: http://beautyinallthings.wordpress.com/tag/christmas-2009/

jenn said...

beautiful nativity! my kids would love it! At one point, I had the same vase, but it broke :(

Love all the decorations!