November 03, 2008

the vote

I am not skilled to understand
What God has willed, what God has planned
I only know at His right hand
Stands one who is my Savior...


One of my very favorite songs begins with these lyrics. It speaks to my heart. It reminds me that tomorrow is a mystery... to us, but not to Him. It reminds me that I am not in control, nor should I be... it makes me happy... content to know I don't have to be. These words remind me that I serve a powerful God... and if I knew His plan, or understood it, it would make Him somehow less. I do not need to know now... I will know when the time is right.

I have cast my ballot... I have had my say. And now, I can do no more... just sit... and wait... and pray. I pray that the most Godly man wins this election. I pray that the most righteous man wins this election. I pray that our country wins... whoever wins. I had my say... it is God's turn.

1 comment:

Busy Bee Suz said...

this is true and a great way to put it. crossing fingers....