So... Suz has me playing a game today. She is continuing a Letter Meme... and she promised it would be easy!
Here's the deal:
Leave a comment on this post and I will assign you a letter.
Write about ten things you love that begin with said letter.
Post the list on your blog.
When people comment on your list, you assign a letter, and the game continues.If you want to comment, but don't want a letter, that is okay, let me know. I'm not pushy!
So... what letter did I get from Suz/Vanna? "S" And she said I don't even have to write about her, but...
What a friend... if you need to laugh, she is the one you need. Here is a little more about this gal who keeps me giggling, not to mention wondering about her sanity!
2. Sharpies. Anybody who knows me knows how much I love these great pens! I don't really know what it is about them, but I love them. Seriously.
3. Sister. We are not the kind of sisters that talk every day and share every detail... but we are the kind of sisters that are there for one another in an instant. She is why I wanted a second daughter... so my daughter would have a sister. When her heart breaks, mine does, too... and I want to be that great big sister that can fix it all. Until I can find that magic wand, she'll have to make do with my prayers and a few blog entries.
4. Spouse. Oh yes... I love him. And I love that he loves me so completely- through all of my craziness. I love that he will just shake his head and smile... because he knows me. I am not wishing time away, but I love that I will grow old with him.
5. Savoring dessert. I love dessert. I suppose that anyone who knows me already knows this! But did you know that I like to make the dessert last and last and last? It is why I typically eat it with a little kid spoon... and when I can't seem to scrape that last little bit from the bowl? I know my Momma taught me not to lick the plate, but I do... when no one is looking.
I can't do this on my own... not one little bit. I am so grateful that Jesus has done it all for me, and will continue to hold me up with strength and grace.
7. Sand between my toes.
I do love the beach... and the rolling waves. I could simply stay there forever. Sitting in a chair reading... walking the shore line... enjoying a sunset. All of it. I love it.
8. Splashing in puddles.
My kids know that I do this... and I wouldn't stop them from participating- as long as we are on the way home. Because I have learned my lesson. On the day that Eric & I made arrangements for our first date, I had been splashing in puddles... and was soaked clear up past my knees. He should have run right then and there... but he didn't.
9. Stones. Heart shaped. I don't know how he does it, but Eric is really good at finding them. I suppose he has an eye for spotting treasure amongst the rubble.
I could not live without it. Seriously. Little jokes, sarcasm, and laughter. There is not a day that passes when we don't laugh at something utterly silly. It is part of what makes me who I am.
And so there you have it... things I love that begin with S. There is so much more I love... but it will have to wait for another day.