September 02, 2008

never too grown

I am no longer a little girl- but some days, my needs are just the same. The need to crawl up into my Daddy's lap and just cry... just be comforted... just rest in the arms of the One who loves me. I am thankful that my Father's lap will never be too small to hold me... will never be unavailable ... will never be insufficient for my sorrow. In His lap, in His arms... I will rest.

Take me back to You
The place that I once knew
As a little child
Constantly the eyes of God watched over me
Oh I want to be
In the place that I once knew
As a little child
Fall into the bed of faith prepared for me
I will rest in You
I will rest in You
I will rest in You.

lyrics from I Will Rest in You... Jaci Velasquez.

1 comment:

HWHL said...

... and isn't it nice to know we'll always be His daughters....

I love that.