September 08, 2008

friday night lights


If you happen to be looking for me on a Friday night this fall, look no further than the high school stadium bleachers... close to the marching band. There I will be, surrounded by my parents and Eric's parents, my son, and maybe a few friends. I will be sitting there on my comfy stadium chair (thanks Suz!) cheering for the Bears... but mostly, the band. This is our new Friday night spot... just for the fall. By the time Thanksgiving rolls around, I'm sure we'll be right back to our old Friday night "pizza with friends" routine. But for now? Friday nights will mean I will be enjoying... watching my daughter enjoy herself with her friends- dancing to the music with a little less abandon each time... sitting amongst my family- thankful for the support and the love they are sharing- whether they drove 45 minutes or five... seeing my wild & crazy son cheering his heart out- waving that crazy inflatable finger that made his day... the football game- which after all these years I am still learning the rules to (or not)... and the marching band- that moves me in ways that I couldn't imagine. Yes, you might see a stray tear roll down my face on a Friday night... but it will be a tear of pride... a tear of contentment... a tear of pure and utter joy.

2 comments:

Busy Bee Suz said...

You are accepting comments?
cool.
Love the pics.
We were at the game on Friday. Love it when the band dances!

HWHL said...

There is something about HS games that always gets my heart pounding!

I know you are SO proud!!